Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome to my world!

I love cookbooks. I love to curl up on my recliner all cozy in a blanket pouring over the recipes like they're pages of a romance novel. I drool over the photos, and imagine how everything must taste. Every once in a while I take a spin at cooking the recipe.

It's also fun for me to scroll through Amazon's cookbook section and add titles that interest me to my wishlist. If I'm a good girl then Santa, I mean Paul, gives some to me for Christmas. And I must have been a very, very good girl because for Christmas I received A Great American Cook (Jonathan Waxman), The Greens Cookbook (Madison Brown), The Complete Vegan Cookbook (Geiskope-Hadler & Toomay), Heathy Cooking for Two (Frances Price), The Best Soups in the World(Clifford A. Wright), The New Whole Grains Cookbook (Robin Asbell), and I've been pouring over them for the last three weeks.

Today I sat down and wrote a list of all the recipes I want to try. I came up with 50, and decided to challenge myself to try one recipe a day. I already know what I'm cooking first: Fresh Bean Stew with Corn and Acorn Squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment